Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hiking up in the mountain Episode 01



Hiking up the mountain - Episode 01



On a November day, the clouds were drifting across the sky. The landscape seemed to be completely devoid of life.

A: “I sweat a lot when I exercises."

Newbie Hiker(F): "So do I. Sweat a lot."

Guide: "We'll let you sweat a while longer."



The guide made them all sweat through 15 minutes of intense hiking up the mountain. All the hikers were perspiring profusely as cheese sweats during ripening.



Newbie Hiker(F): "You really sweat as a pitcher of ice water sweats on a hot day."

A: "Yeah. I came here to sweat off a few more pounds."

Newbie Hiker(F): "True. Sometimes I go hiking to sweat out my cold in the mountain. Much better at the gym. That's why I started hiking."



An aerial view of the countryside showed wide swathes of green.

Guide said to someone: "It's important to stretch before you exercise."

>

A: "Do you dislike the cold weather?"

Newbie Hiker(F): “Sure. Very much.”

A: "The winds approached gale force overnight. The winds are calming now."

Newbie HIker(F): "Gale-force winds? I think, even now, the wind's blowing hard. Don't you think so? I won't feel easy until I am sure that the winds have completely calmed. I wish we have arrived at any shelter safely. You know what? There's little water left in the bottle."



They decided to take a 10-minute rest.

A: "Can you boil a kettle of water for tea?"

Newbie Hiker: "The kettle of water is boiling."

A: "Let the water boil. But keep the temperature low enough so the mixture will not boil. Cook the mixture until the liquid has boiled away."

Newbie Hiker: "French fries are well cooked in boiling oil."

A: "Good."

C: "The sweater shrank when it was washed."

D: "I think so. Hot water might have done so."

A: “Can I have some soup?”

Newbie Hiker: “I'm afraid there's none left.”

C: "There is no more soup."

D: "No soup remains."

A: "Hey you guys all. You need to wipe noses."



Newbie Hiker: "I had a stuffy nose. But it's O.K. now."



Guide: "Hikers need to take sensible precautions to prevent hunger or injury. I saw you using your umbrella like a hiking pole. Careless use of the umbrella as a hiking pole can cause serious bodily injury."

Newbie Hiker: "Thanks. I didn't guess it."

>>

▪ It's no joke to be lost in the woods.



“I meant it as a joke, but you took me seriously."

"Was that your idea of a joke?"

"Yep. I tried to play a harmless joke on you."

"Sorry. I can't take your joke."

"I'm always telling jokes. You know already."

"I don't understand your joke."

No comments:

Post a Comment