Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

N01 At a hotel...

 
"They don't allow smoking in this hotel." 
"I want to change  my schedule, but my boss won't allow it." "Why doesn't he allow you  to leave?"
"I don't know why." 
"You can handle difficult situations easily because of your experience." 
"Do you think so?"   
He didn't like the police probing into his past. 
Firefighters are still probing for the cause of the fire.

(On TV) "The pitcher allowed five hits and three runs in the first two innings."  

"He's like me. Public opinion has shifted dramatically in recent months. Their efforts to shift public opinion have failed."
 
"Now, they are trying to shift the blame onto us. I'm planning  to shift some resources to the development project."
 
"The party is the day after tomorrow."
 
"Party? What party?"
 
"It's his 60th birthday.”
 
"Really? I'm surprised. He doesn't look a day over 50.”
 
"Yep. It's true. He doesn't look any older than 50 years old."
 
 

 





 



 








 








 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment