Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

a dialogue between an Orthopedic surgeon and a patientm, Rebecca, who recently injured her arm.

 a dialogue between an Orthopedic surgeon and a patientm, Rebecca, who recently injured her arm.

Orthopedic Surgeon: Good afternoon, Rebecca. What brings you in today?

 

Rebecca: Hi, I recently injured my arm and I'm having a lot of pain.

 

Orthopedic Surgeon: I'm sorry to hear that. Can you describe how the injury occurred?

 

Rebecca: I was playing volleyball and I fell on my arm. I heard a cracking sound and the pain has been getting worse.

 

Orthopedic Surgeon: Alright. Let's take a look at your arm. Can you move it for me?

 

Rebecca: (tries to move her arm but winces in pain) It hurts too much.

 

Orthopedic Surgeon: I'm going to order an x-ray to get a better idea of what's going on. In the meantime, I'm going to recommend that you keep your arm still and use ice to reduce swelling.

 

Rebecca: Okay. Will I need surgery?

 

Orthopedic Surgeon: I won't know for sure until we get the results of the x-ray, but if there's a break or fracture, surgery may be necessary.

 

Rebecca: That makes sense. Thank you, doctor.

 

Orthopedic Surgeon: You're welcome, Rebecca. We'll get you taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment