Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Hiking in Cortina d’Ampezzo, Ortisei Breezes, Venice Pasta I’ll Never Forget

 Hiking in Cortina d’Ampezzo, Ortisei Breezes, Venice Pasta I’ll Never Forget

Hiking in Cortina d’Ampezzo, Ortisei Breezes, Venice Pasta I’ll Never Forget


Italy is a country of breathtaking beauty, from its picturesque countryside to its stunning coastlines. But for those who love the great outdoors, there is no better place to be than in the mountains. And there is no better way to experience the majesty of Italy’s mountains than by hiking.

My journey began in Cortina d’Ampezzo, a charming town nestled in the heart of the Dolomites. Known for its world-class skiing and breathtaking vistas, Cortina d’Ampezzo is a hiker’s paradise. I began my journey at the Faloria cable car station and made my way up to the summit, where I was rewarded with panoramic views of the surrounding peaks and valleys. The air was crisp and clean, and the silence was broken only by the occasional bird song. I felt alive and free, surrounded by the natural beauty of the mountains.

After Cortina d’Ampezzo, I headed to Ortisei, a small village in the Val Gardena valley. Here, I hiked to the Seceda summit, a towering peak that offers a bird’s eye view of the valley below. The trail was steep and challenging, but the views at the top were more than worth it. I felt as though I was on top of the world, with nothing but the clear blue sky above me.

But the highlight of my trip was Venice, a city unlike any other. I spent my days wandering the narrow alleys and admiring the ancient buildings, but it was the food that I’ll never forget. From the fresh seafood to the handmade pasta, every meal was a delight for the senses. One dish that stands out in my memory is the linguine alle vongole, a simple pasta dish made with clams and white wine. The flavors were subtle yet complex, and the pasta was perfectly al dente. It was a dish I’ll never forget.

As I reflect on my trip, I’m grateful for the opportunity to experience the natural beauty of the Dolomites and the rich history and culture of Venice. From the fresh mountain air to the delicious pasta, every moment was unforgettable. I can’t wait to return to Italy and explore more of this incredible country.

No comments:

Post a Comment