Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2023

■ A conversation with a Korean woman in her 30s who talked about her past when she got married and an Italian woman in her 30s who hid everything when they got married.

 A conversation with a Korean woman in her 30s who talked about her past when she got married and an Italian woman in her 30s who hid everything when they got married.

 

Sora(Korea woman): 

You know, when I got married, I had to quit my job and move in with my husband's family. 

It was a big adjustment for me, but I tried my best to fit in.

 

Italian woman: 


Really? I never told my husband about my past relationships or anything like that when we got married. 

I wanted a fresh start with him.

 

Sora

That's interesting. 

In Korea, it's common for women to give up their careers and move in with their husband's family after marriage. 

It's seen as a way to show respect to your husband's parents.

 

Italian woman: 

I can understand that. 

But I'm glad I didn't have to do that. 

I wanted to keep my independence and be able to pursue my own interests.

Sora

I can see why that would be important to you.

 But in Korea, family is very important, and we believe in taking care of our elders.

Italian woman: 

I understand that, but I think it's also important to take care of yourself and live the life you want.

 Sora

Yes, that's true. But for us, taking care of our family is a way to show love and respect. 

It's just a different way of looking at things.

 

Italian woman: I can see that. It's interesting how different cultures have different values and traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment